Read more about how RunPlusMinus™ is used:
- The Best Baseball Statistic
A summary of why RunPlusMinus claims to be the best single measure of player on-field performance.
- OpenWAR, RunPlusMinus: A Comparison
Describes similarities and differences between the two methods of measuring player and team performance and summarizes the applications of each.
- Park Effect: Measurement and Impact On Team And Player Performance
Describes Park Effect, its importance and effect on batting and pitching performances; shows RPM team value with and without the park effects.
- MLB 2018 Mid-Season Player Rankings by Team
Summarizes the weekly report data to the mid-point of the 2018 MLB season.
- Which Team Has The Best Pitching?
Summarizes and ranks starter and relief pitcher performances by team.
- RunPlusMinus Prediction Power
Describes the challenges in predicting winners of MLB games. Explains how RPM values can be converted to win probabilities resulting in an overall accuracy of 57% correct.
- Pitcher Substitution Manager Performance
Shows the results of using RPM values to measure the quality of mangers’ pitcher substitutions.
- Most Valuable Player: A Quantitative Approach
The question addressed in this article is “Aside from the assessment of character and personality traits, is there a fair measure and ranking of on-field performance that can replace the subjective evaluations of the individual voters?”
- RunPlusMinus 2018 MLB Player Performance Report
See player rankings for 2018 broken down by batting, running, pitching and fielding across all MLB teams, AL, and NL. Get a quick overview of the RPM Rating stat and why it claims to be the best.
- RunPlusMinus 2018 MLB Team Performance Summary
See team rankings for 2018 broken down by batting, running, pitching and fielding across all MLB teams, AL, and NL. Get a quick overview of the RPM Rating stat and why it claims to be the best.
Where can I read more about RunPlusMinus™?
We are publishing new articles on Medium that can be found here.
Want to work with us? Interested to learn more? Contact Us